How much does it cost to develop a mobile application? The cost of developing applications for iOS or Android is determined by two main criteria.
- The first criterion is the performer. For example, if you live in the US and order an application from local developers, the cost will be 2-3 times higher than if they were engaged by specialists from Eastern Europe.
- The second criterion is the complexity or complexity of the application. The more functional and the more difficult it is to implement, the more expensive the application will be.
Overview of the cost of applications by country
The high price does not speak about quality, when it comes to the development of mobile applications. This is clearly seen if you collect the salaries of programmers from around the world and compare them.
Requests for developers of approximately the same qualification for 1 hour of working time:
USA and Australia ($50-150).The cost of a simple application: from 15,000 $.
Great Britain (£ 60-70). The cost of a simple application: from 19,500 $.
Western Europe (60-70 €). The cost of a simple application: from 19,500 $.
Eastern Europe (25-50 $). The cost of a simple application: from $ 7,500.
India ($ 8-30). The cost of a simple application: from $ 5,700.
Cost of applications in Eastern Europe
A simple application requires 1-2 months of development or 300 hours, and a complex application - more than 4 months.
The average cost of developing a mobile application in Eastern Europe - from $ 7500
Development of mobile applications: the price of freelancing
That is why the freelance community is developing so rapidly. It is much more profitable to take intelligent remote developers with knowledge of English, which will make the mobile application several times cheaper.
In Ukraine, freelancing is developing very rapidly, now the country is on the 4th place in the world in terms of development volumes on Upwork (formerly Elance-oDesk). Because the quality of mobile applications development is very high, and prices are 2-3 times lower in comparison with the United States.
Do I need to go to the office to make a mobile application?
In short, no. Thanks to skype with screen demonstration and email it's not necessary. All questions are solved easily and quickly, because you do not waste time on transport.
How long does it take to develop an application?
The process of creating an application for iOS, Android and other platforms consists of several consecutive stages. Terms at each stage may vary depending on the complexity of each case.
- Free cost estimate (1-3 days)
- Detailed study of the problem, analysis of the market and competitors (1-5 days)
- Prototyping. Writing a technical assignment (5-15 days)
- Design (5-15 days)
- Programming (18-60 + days)
- Testing (5-10 days)
To estimate the volume at each stage, and therefore, to calculate how much it costs to develop a mobile application is a difficult task. To do this, it is necessary to represent the final result well and be technically savvy in order to estimate the labor costs for each function. Therefore, in this process, as a rule, the most experienced specialists participate.
The evaluation takes place in two stages:
- Preliminary, free cost estimate Preliminary evaluation, although called rough, but allows you to accurately know the necessary amount of investment needed to create an application, before signing any contracts. That is, you can receive it within 1-2 days, for free.
- Exact price for application development A more accurate assessment of the price of application development is supported by the contract, which fixes the terms and stages of work with a detailed description of the final result.
Also, there are cases when in the process of development, with a growing depth of understanding, a rethinking of the original task takes place, which can affect the final cost. That is, there are nuances that previously could not be foreseen, and decisions are made to remove something from the primary list as unnecessary or add anything to it. Especially when you create unique applications that have no analogues.
Well, if the company has already created applications with similar features. In this case, the answer to the question "how much does it cost to develop a mobile application?" will be more accurate than if the developers had no experience in similar applications.
Also, developers can already have work that can be transferred to a new project.
Who develops the application?
On average, 6-10 people work on the work of one application: project manager, UX / UI designer, art director, programmers, testing engineer and technical director.
UX / UI designer under the art director work through the logic of the application and find a suitable graphical solution. These specialists help the client to create exactly such an application as is necessary.
Programmers under the technical director embody what was conceived in life. Finally, the application is tested and submitted to the client.
But on this work with the application does not end, in time you can think of how to make it even easier, more convenient, faster.
What should I look for when ordering an application?
The analysis should be. It will help to avoid a lot of risks, release an application that nobody will need or will be the same as everyone else. Will help to understand the target audience, in the needs and values of future users, in everything without which a good application can not be done.
It is better to make a prototype application and make sure that this is what you need, than to skip this stage. Because the cost of errors at the stage of creating a prototype is minimal, and the presence of a quality, well-designed prototype avoids misunderstanding and gross mistakes, gives a clear understanding of the final result and speeds up work at all other stages.
The most important document in the development is the TOR (terms of reference). By this document, delving into every detail, programmers work. The term of development of the application for Android or iOS is long, the amount of work is large, and if something is forgotten to write in the TOR, it is most likely not done. Therefore, this document should be paid special attention.
Mobile application is a constant work
With the release of the application, work on it does not end. The application still needs to attract users. Collect metrics and analyze their behavior to find a way how to make the product even better.
Requirements of our clients at the stage of project evaluation
- Successful experience in developing projects for medium and large businesses.
- Business expertise in the development of start-ups.
- A team of 7 specialists when developing an application or a website.
- Uniqueness, no standard solutions.
- Term - development from 3 months.
- Transparent control system and flexibility in development.